For founders who had to shut down their company recently —
- Don’t forget – you’re not the only one going through this. The 2022 tightening policy is having trailing effects now, as companies had some runway and the runway is ending only now. We’re seeing a lot of founders who’re folding their company at this time. Just know you’re not the only one
- Take on whatever projects and gigs (ideally, in less related fields). Can be full time jobs, consulting, or both. Work 80+ hours per week. Keep yourself super busy.
- Otherwise, if you have too much time on your hand, you’ll be captured by all kinds of negative thoughts and might go insane
- Don’t jump into another startup idea now. You need time to get off the field and heal the wound. Un-fry your brain
- Don’t think failed company = failed life. It was just one project. Life is long and you’ll have many, many projects
- Likewise, when you do the next company, don’t try to make it your life’s work and put too much pressure on you. Just think it’s another project you’ll do for the next 3 years or so. If the next thing goes big, you’ll keep doing it and it might become your life’s work. Your life’s work is often the result, not the intention.
Again, just keep yourself super busy physically – that’s my #1 tip.